Saturday, September 25, 2010

Things that can be said on the blog

Finley sat in the high chair for the first time today. He seems to enjoy being up higher and being a part of the activity at the dining room table--right now that means Ingrit cooking me up some yummy foods "that I like" and me typing up this blog entry. The high chair reclines really far back so little man is safe and sound in it.

Yesterday the three of us went to the Pine Tree Apple Orchard with my friend Tina. Very fun annual outing for us. Every year I've had more kid with! Year one I we had no children with. Year two I was preggers with Ingrit. Year three Ingrit was about 5 months old. Year four Ingers was 18 months and walking around and picking out her pumpkin. This year Fin and Ingrit were both along. Ingrit really liked watching the apples move down the belt getting polished, sized, sorted and bagged by apple workers. The weather was super cold so we didn't get to do the outdoor activities.

In other newsy bits...I took Fin in to my workplace and was thrilled to show him off to everyone.

He seems to just listen to us talking to him and around him and he frequently smiles---I know too early for a real social  smile but heart melting none the less!

Ingrit has just about mastered all of the climbing equipment at the Eagle's Nest. She just needs help getting in the ball pit and she hasn't tried the rock climbing wall quite yet. It's very cool to see her running around with the other kids. She loves to hang out and be part of the chaos that a group of kids can be. It might be really good for her to spend a few hours in a group daycare type setting. I know I'm torn about that---I'd love to stay home with her myself, but that's not in the cards for us. It's been nice for her to stay home with Daddy, but we're really hoping David's able to find a job soon--hopefully something on 2nd shift or part time evenings or something so there's less day care needed. Know anyone who's hiring? :)





We've also enjoyed visits from Mimi. Mimi and Grampie took the family out for our anniversary and David's birthday last weekend. Ingrit and I made a worm cake for Daddy's birthday.

No comments: