Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stuff we're up to on my maternity leave (AKA I DON'T want to go back to work so soon!)

The kids and I have been taking advantage of everyday I'm off from work. I don't want to go back! We've been spending a great deal of time out at the farm with Mimi and Grampie. One day we went on Mimi's annual shopping trip to the outlet mall with a couple of her old friends and grandchildren. Ingrit enjoyed playing with the kids. She's such a good girl! And little Finn is the easiest going baby in the WORLD.




Finn does indeed have moments neediness where I can't quite figure out what's troubling him, but they're not everyday and they're not for all that long. Usually holding and cuddling him can calm him. There have been times when I'd have liked to set him down for awhile, but I'm getting really good at my various slings/wraps/carriers! Wearing Finn almost always settles him. He's just a snuggle bottom baby who wants to be close to his loved ones. Sweet sweet little man.

We've also been going to the park and to the Eagle's Nest. The weather's been so beautiful! 60-75 everyday! yes! I love not being cooped up. I also love feeling capable--I can get a LOT done even with both kids. Yay! And Ingrit's a great helper. She loves being involved in every activity from picking up toys, putting laundry away, putting dishes away, dusting, etc...

 Mimi and Ing


 At Water Tower Park, on our block of 33rd Ave NE



 At Como Zoo
 Finn in booties from Auntie Karen Watkins


 We dress for dinner in our house!
 Mother Daughter IKEA breakfast and shopping trip
 Kissy lips!
 Packer fan!

 An attwmpt to get a self portrait of me and FW in the sling, turns out I had to take 2 shots to get us both.

That all said, yesterday the three of us spent the day at the farm making apple sauce and I was not much help. For some reason Finn needed to be held outside of a sling for most of the morning. He did then take a beautiful nap in the afternoon--pictured below. I guess babies just have days like that some times. Ingrit entertained herself and Mimi and me by dancing some great new dance steps and singing. She sings all the time when she's playing by herself. It's really sweet and I think she's quite melodic.

No comments: